Sunday, January 31, 2010

This will have to do

One day I would very much like to open a private library, mainly so that I can serve alcohol in its friendly confines. That is generally what I feel is missing from most, if not all, libraries I find myself in. And fireplaces / leather armchairs. I would add that this is what I feel is missing from most religious establishments as well, but that's another can of worms (what a terrible idiom. Wiktionary points out that the plural would be cans of worms. I was unaware that figures of speech required plural forms. Would a relatively simple situation be a can of worm?) Anyways, I'm not entirely sure one would need our aforementioned to be private, or if that would circumvent liquor license requirements, but that's a long way down the line. You would certainly need a library card if nothing else. For now, this will have to do. So pour yourself a glass of Scotch (unless you have a bartender handy) and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment